I must have done something right at last years BIM show live! because I’ve been asked to speak again.
It’s come around again so quickly :)
- Find out more about BIM show live 2012
- Read the BIM show live 2012 Agenda (Edit: Now links to the current BIMshowlive site)
- Register to attend BIM Show live 2012 (Edit: Registration closed)
This year I will be talking about using Autodesk Inventor for Architectural fabrication drawings. I hope to include a bit more about how you actually use Autodesk Inventor. I will be tailoring the talk towards Architects and Designers who’ve got Inventor as part of the Building design suit and have been wondering what to do with it!
An introduction to Digital Prototyping for Architectural Fabrication
- Perhaps you are an Architect who has made the leap into BIM, but who is still detailing in 2D?
- Perhaps you got Autodesk Inventor with the Building Design suite, and now you don’t know what you’re going to do with it?
- Perhaps you are an Architectural Fabricator who is following the traditional 2D approach, and you are considering the move to 3D?
This class is for all of you!
In this class we will discover the philosophy behind digital prototyping and consider how digital prototyping can be applied in Architecture and Building construction. In this in-depth introduction to Autodesk Inventor we will discover how to make use of Inventor for Design development, or for fabrication drawings. Focusing on Autodesk Inventor, we will cover the following topics:
- What is a parametric feature based solid modeller?
- How can working in 3D be beneficial for Architectural detailing?
- Modelling techniques, top-down Bottom-up and in-place.
- How to structure your parametric models for the most flexibility.
- Designer accelerators.
- Tips for down streaming information to manufacture.
- Interoperability and file sharing in 2D & 3D.
The aim is for you to leave the session brimming with enthusiasm and with fingers twitching to start modelling!
…I hope I can live up to my own hype…
For those of you who missed my presentation from BIM show 2011, here is a PDF version: