If you get stuck whilst trying to draw up your cool stuff with Autocad or Inventor – where are you going to turn?
- Ask your colleagues. If the guy sitting at the next desk is as geeky as me, they will probably be able to help you out ;-)
- Hit the ‘F1’ key to bring up the help file. Seriously – Just do it. The help documentation is getting better and better in Autodesk products, so don’t be put off. Remember that ‘F1’ is context sensitive, so if you are in the middle of creating an Array, and you hit ‘F1’ you will be taken to the Array part of the help file. Click here for the Autodesk Documentation & Online Help page.
- Google it. You don’t need me to tell you how powerful the Google search has become. You can usually find at least a clue to the answer to your problem with a well phrased search
- Hit the forums. There are many great forums out there where smug big heads like me hang out just waiting to answer your questions. Here are some of my favourites.
- Drop me a line via the ‘Contacts’ page. I will help you if I can – But only if you’ve followed steps 1 to 4!